AkkuAdapter für 18V Makita LXT Akku

Diskutiere AkkuAdapter für 18V Makita LXT Akku im Forum Akkuwerkzeuge im Bereich Werkzeuge & Maschinen - Hallo, hier können wir gebündelt Links und Problematiken zu AkkuAdapter für Makita 18V LXT Akkus sammeln ... EDIT 31.12.2022: Link und Bild...
The voltage, expected by the tool, varies with with input voltage. It has to be a 3/5 of the input voltage (it would normally be taken between the cells in the series pack). I know I got it working with resistors between 10k and 100k (the 2:3 ratio is important of course!), but I don't recall the exact values.

If the resistor values are higher, they might not work because the tool "pushes" them out of the range. If it works with 10k and 5,6k thats fine. I'd just use those for the adapter then.

Did I understand it correctly? - You got 10,5 V on an empty battery? For 10,5 V between the resistors the battery voltage should be at 17,5 V!
Yes, you understood me correctly

@: Bitte in beiden Sprachen schreiben/ergänzen, andere User wollen auch mitlesen usw., danke. 😇

@: Könntet bitte beide Texte in den Post schreiben, Deutsch und Englisch.

@: Could you please write both texts in the post, German and English.

Yes, you understood me correctly
Just to get it clear, the battery voltage varies quite a bit during charge/discharge. If the battery is fully charged it will be around 20 V and if it is empty it will sit at ~15 V. So the C3 needs different voltages depending on how charged the battery is.
Thats why we use the resistor divider, it sets a fraction, in this case 3/5 of the full voltage.

So if you measure the voltage on C3 we always need the voltage of the the whole pack too, as additional information.

But yeah, if 10k - 5,6k is working there is no need for further investigation. If it doesn't work with some other tool (or when the battery gets empty) you can connect a 1k resistor in series with the 5,6k resistor, making it a 6,6k one.

Ja Mama, ich schreibs eh auf Deutsch auch noch. Die Spannung variiert nach dem Ladestand vom Akku, voll ist die Akkuspannung ca. 20 V, leer ca. 15 V. C3 muss also auch unterschiedliche Spannungen aufweisen je nach dem wie voll der Akku ist. Deswegen der Spannungsteiler, der setzt C3 immer auf 3/5 der Akkuspannung.

Für jeden versuchten Spannungswert bei C3 brauchen wir also auch die respektive Akkuspannung.

Wenn 10k-5,6k funktoiniert ist es super, dann kann man es ja verwenden. Wenns Probleme gibt kann man auch noch einen 1k in Serie zum 5,6k schalten um einen 6,6k Widerstand zwischen C3 und + zu erhalten.

Hallo
Wenn die Maschine jetzt mit 10k und 5,6k läuft wird wohl der Spannungsteiler durch die Maschine geringfügig belastet wodurch die Spannung an C3 niedriger wird.
Daher dürfte die Maschine mit 6,6k als "oberen" Widerstand ebenfalls nicht laufen.

PS

Der Spannungsteiler wird durch die geringeren Werte aber auch stabiler. Evtl. auch Unterschiedlich zwischen den Maschinen.

Habe ein paar Bilder gefunden.
Der kleine schwarze Baustein (Edit: Spannungsregler) mit drei Pins im Makita-Dewalt Akkuadapter, nennt sich WS 78L12 1618SB ... ob das aber funktioniert, habe ich noch nicht probiert, ich nehme den dennoch mal in der Akkuliste mit auf.

1654018319496.png

1654018159700.png

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
WS 78L12 1618SB It looks pretty interesting. I'll try it out

Many thanks 👍 to the people who helped me with the necessary information. Thanks again

Das ist ein 12 V Festspannungsregler. Der Ausgang ist also nicht proportional zur Akkuspannung, sondern immer 12 V, was wohl jede Unterspannungsabschaltung außer Kraft setzt.
Zudem zieht der Regler noch dauerhaft ca. 5 mA Strom.

It's a fixed output voltage regulator. That means, the output voltage is 12 V regardless of the battery voltage. I assume. with this circuit the undervoltage lockout detection in the power tool will not detect a discharged battery. Furthermore, the regulator draws roughly 5 mA of current continuously.

Das ist ein 12 V Festspannungsregler.
Mit einem Spannungsregler und seinen ca 5mA wird ein vollgeladener 5Ah Akku binnen 40Tagen völlig tiefentladen sein. Wenn die Maschine mit einem teilentladenen Akku beiseite gelegt wird, mitunter schon nach wenigen Tagen. Das hatte ich in diesem Beitrag schon angesprochen.

With the voltage regulator and its approximately 5mA, a fully charged 5Ah battery will be completely discharged within about 40 days. If the machine is put aside with a partially discharged battery, sometimes already after a few days. I had already referred to this problem in this article.

PS

"Interesting" (sloppy) design choice of DeWalt if it works with the 12 V regulator. C4 or 5 could be dying without the tool taking notice. We should determine if this affects the undervoltage cutoff too.

Schwaches Design auf DeWalts Seite wenn das mit dem 12 V Regler funktioniert. Wenn die oberen beiden Zellen sterben ist das also dem Werkzeug völlig egal. Wär interessant ob die Unterspannungsabschaltung nach C3 oder B+ geht, also ob der Adapter die außer Kraft setzt.

Schwaches Design auf DeWalts Seite wenn das mit dem 12 V Regler funktioniert
Mit diesem Prinzip per asymmetrischem Abgriff hat Hilti schon vor über 30 Jahren ihre 36V NiCd-Akkus überwacht.

PS

Naja, imo müsste man halt prüfen ob die Spannung zu hoch oder zu niedrig ist, und nicht nur ob sie eine Schwelle übersteigt..

Would it be better with this element?

Would it be better with this element?
Not really. A zener diode needs several mA of current for regulation. In this regard it is no better than the 7812 regulator mentioned above.

Before you start looking for solutions we need to know if the output shall be a constant 12 V or a factor of the battery voltage.
I do not know the interfaces to the power tools mentioned - no Dewalt tools here - so I cannot answer that question.
Karl seems to favor a factor of 3/5 and for that a voltage divider with two resistors (10k + 6.8k) will do the trick and is easy for you to accomplish.

Is it the ideal solution? No, of course not. It slowly drains the battery over time. So you need to disconnect the battery after use.

There are ways to prevent this.
For a factor of 3/5 as the output voltage:
I would use a high impedance voltage divider (1 meg to 680k) with a 1 nF MLCC in parallel to the 1 meg resistor and then use an opamp as a non-inverting amplifier with a gain of 1. If a low-Iq opamp like the Analog Devices LT2178 is used total no load current of the circuit is less than 0.05 mA and the output is stable even under load (up to 5 mA).

Same for the 12 V fixed output if that is really required:
I would use a low quiescent current linear voltage regulator like the TI TPS7A24, which without a load current can easily get into the single digit µA Range - that's better than the 7812 or zener variants by a factor of 1000.

However, both solutions are most likely not useful for you because they require soldering extremely small ICs plus several external components.

So let's first answer the question of the output voltage of this circuit and then we can find a useful solution - which depends on at least three factors: Maximum acceptable load on the battery, the space available inside the housing and your soldering skills. :wink:

Noch mal die Kurzzusammenfassung auf Deutsch:
Zenerdioden brauchen mehrere mA Strom, um richtig zu regeln.
Erst klären, ob der Ausgang feste 12 V haben soll oder einen Faktor von z.B. 3/5 der Akkuspannung. Bei letzterem: Spannungsteiler aus 10k + 6k8.

Bessere Lösung für 3/5*U_bat: hochohmiger Spannungsteiler 1meg+680k mit Abblockkondensator und OPV als Spannungsfolger, z.B. den LT2178 um auf < 0.05 mA Verbrauch zu kommen.

Bessere Lösung für 12 V fix: LDO mit niedrigem Querstrom, z.B. TPS7A24, so dass man auf < 0.01 mA kommt.

Beides sind kleine, für Anfänger schlecht zu lötende ICs, die auch noch weitere externe Komponenten brauchen. Daher ist das in diesem Fall wohl zu schwer.

Also erst klären, ob 12 V fix oder 3/5U_bat und dann eine passende Lösung auswählen. Stromverbrauch, Baugröße und Lötkenntnisse sind die relevanten Kriterien.

Thanks for the information quite detailed and useful

Hey, this is a very good idea with this nonstable regulation by using the low-iq opamp!
I would favor this version bacause i think it will give you a undervoltageshutdown on the machine if the battery is going to low.

Hey, super Idee mit der unstabilen Regelung per OpAmp.
Ich würde diese Version favorisieren weil ich denke, dass hiermit auch eine Unterspannungsabschaltung durch die Maschine gegeben sein wird.

PS

If you can a little simple explanation of how to do it I will be grateful. I am a beginner in this field and I am looking for the best option

Hi
i made a drawing of a simplified schematic.
Not as well as kleinermuks presentaions but i hope good enough.

Hi
Ich habe eine Zeichnung mit einem vereinfachten Schaltbild erstellt.
Nicht so toll wie die Präsentationen von kleinermuk aber ich hoffe gut genug.

PS

Anhänge

• IMG_20220606_140324.jpg
    IMG_20220606_140324.jpg
    330,3 KB · Aufrufe: 63
Thank you very much for the scheme you made helps me wonderfully

Thema: AkkuAdapter für 18V Makita LXT Akku