Help wanted for Cloos GLW 300 I-H

Diskutiere Help wanted for Cloos GLW 300 I-H im Forum Schweißtechnik im Bereich Werkzeuge & Maschinen - Hi Guys I have this Cloos machine that stop working... :wife: I have change the trafo on the inverterboard and all seems to be working now...
C

cvf1973

Wohnort/Region
Denmark
Hi Guys

I have this Cloos machine that stop working... :wife:
I have change the trafo on the inverterboard and all seems to be working now, pregas running, aftergas and so on, but there's NO AMPS on the machine.
It does not pull the big relae when I press the button in the tig torch.
I have measured 560 Vdc on the big condensators so it seems to be charging up.
Is there anybody with good ideas??
You're to write in German, I can read it, talk it, but my german writing sucks :crazy: Sorry..

Br
Claus

Kannst du Bilder machen und hier einstellen, oder verlinken?

Hallo

Welchen Trafo hast Du getauscht? Den Steuertrafo auf dem Inverterboard? Was war an dem Trafo defekt?

PS

Hi

Thanks for you answers.

I will try to upload a picture of the inverterboard.

The trafo was "blown" , had a resistents of 48 ohms on the primery side and it burnt the fuse on inverterboard and sometimes on the powersupply board. The new one has a resistent of 0,8k ohms.

I have changes a few components as well as you proberly can tell from the pics, I did that after reading the other link here on this forum, it was quite good i think.

Br
Claus

Anhänge

• Inverterboard1.JPG
    Inverterboard1.JPG
    581 KB · Aufrufe: 125
Here is another picture of inverterboard.

Anhänge

• Inverterboard2.JPG
    Inverterboard2.JPG
    672,1 KB · Aufrufe: 125
Here is picture of the old trafo.

Anhänge

• Trafo.JPG
    Trafo.JPG
    385,8 KB · Aufrufe: 123
Hi

Did you found this Thread? The machine there is very close to yours.
Please check all Tantalcapacitors near the transformer. If they are defect they will burn the transformer beause there is no Fuse...

PS

cvf1973 schrieb:
The trafo was "blown" , had a resistents of 48 ohms on the primery side and it burnt the fuse on inverterboard and sometimes on the powersupply board. The new one has a resistent of 0,8k ohms.

You have changed this one?
Inverterboard2_a.jpg

On my machine, the transformer was ok but the 7812 regulator was blown (besides other stuff).
I would first check the output of the 7x12 regulators.
If the front-panel looks OK, the 7812 seems to work. But the 7912 for the -12V rail might be NOK.

You can quite safely measure at the screws of the green connector on the inverter board.
Pin 2: GND
Pin 3: -12V
Pin 4: +12V

I would as well check the inverter board for defective diodes (shortened) and Tantalum caps. Both is possible in-circuit for a first check.

When you talk about "big relay", it's the big contactor/relay on the back of the machine or the relay on the inverter board?

Hi again and :thx:

Yes I did follow that tread, you are refuring to, and I found it very helpfull.

I did change the trafo you have marked in the picture, the original was 5VA 230vac 2x16Vac. The one I have installed is 2x15Vac on secundary.
I have changed both 7912 and 7812, all ic excl Mosfets, and checked diodes, next I will check tantals.
When measuring on output connector(green thing) I have + and - 12Vdc several places along the bar, but I also have 8,5 Vdc and 1,5Vdc, do you know if this is correct ???
By the big relay I mean the main contactor there is in the machine, this should be activated by the small contactor located on the inverterboard it self.

Br
Claus

Just to be sure: the big contactor at the rear end of the machine should close 1-2 seconds after you power-on the machine. It is not triggered when you actually start to weld.

What happens in stick welding mode?

What does exactly happen when you press the torch button in DC TIG mode?
(HF start, LEDs on Front Panel, ...)

"but I also have 8,5 Vdc and 1,5Vdc, do you know if this is correct ?"
Where and under what conditions did you measure this?

Did you check the fuse and the transistor close to the relay on the inverter board?

Basically, if the contactor doesn't close when you power-on the machine, that's the first thing to fix.
I would start checking the relay on the inverter board (does it close?) and trace the circuit and the involved components back from there.

I have the Cloos manual for the 250/300 which contains schematics for many boards, but unfortunately the inverter board schematic is missing there.

Hi

Reference for your measurement is the tab of the 7812. This is GND.
If the voltage is to low you have a short in the circuit.

PS

Hi

Rincewind: Yes I'm talking abaout the big contactor in the bag of the machine, this does NOT move at all. The small one on the inverter board does also NOT do anyhting. Both are new and in good working conditions.
When I try to stickweld notthing happens.
If I try to tig weld dc or ac pregas is running, no hf, and when I release the button aftergas is runing.
All led on the front panel looks like they have always been(as far as I remenber :allesgut: ) .

Powersupply: Thanks, I will measure again this weekend using this as reference. .

Thank you all for your time, I appriciated it a lot.

Br
Claus

cvf1973 schrieb:
All led on the front panel looks like they have always been(as far as I remenber :allesgut: ) .

More details would help. :wink:
Which ones light up when you power-on the machine, which ones light up when you press the trigger?

And feedback is missing for:

Did you check the fuse and the transistor close to the relay on the inverter board?

Thema: Help wanted for Cloos GLW 300 I-H